Moravská Třebová and Jevíčko Region

Events calendar

4/14/2018 7:00 - 17:00
(Vandr skrz Maló Hanó)
Moravská Třebová

Weather

20.7. 18:00
today
Partly cloudy
30°C
21.7.
tomorrow
Rain
27°C / 18°C
22.7.
saturday
Showers
29°C / 16°C
23.7.
sunday
Cloudy
29°C / 17°C

Source: Weather Meteocentrum [w:trans]Nové okno[/w:trans].

Home > Sightseeing

Sightseeing

We offer you several attractive places to visit in your free time.

Bělá near Jevíčko

  • In the surroundings, there are deserted mines, drifts and shafts after mining chamotte clay and slate-clay. Dry clay slate hillsides and meadows of Na Hoperku and hillsides and wolds of the stream below Kumperk host precious flora, e.g. Canterbury bell, orbicukus, lily of the valley, etc. In woods of Zadní mountain, there are several historical boundary stones of the former Liechtenstein manor.

Dětřichov near Moravská Třebová

  • Fragments of ceramics from the 14th and 15th centuries were found on the hill in the village; traces of mounds show the evidence of a fortified settlement. In the little wood to the south-eastern part of the village, there is a tiny cemetery and a memorial commemorating victims of fascism from the former birth camp.

Dlouhá Loučka

  • Prairie hillsides to the east of the village with a rich occurrence of precious plants, e.g. tassel grape-hyacinth, broomrape, green-winged orchid, etc.

Chornice

  • In place of the late knight castle, there is a two-aisle Gothic church of St. Vavřinec. The
  • stately tower with the late Gothic step pyramidal roof with four turrets creates a typical and a far visible dominant place.

Jevíčko

    Town walls – remains of the Gothic fortification of a middle-age town. The walls used to close the town centre in a one-kilometre-long oval area. They were built in the 14th century in place of old stockades. In the 16th century, the mayors Beneš Moltoš and Jan Čech had them repaired for the last time, including four gates oriented according to the cardinal points. Still back in 1768, they used to be opened at dawn and closed an hour after sunset.

Křenov

  • There is the dominant baroque church of St. Jan Křtitel from 1729. In the square, there is a p
  • illory from 1732 – a free-standing column topped with a cone. From the cemetery, it is possible to see as far as to Suchý hill, Králický snow-hill and to the Jeseníky. There is also a memorial tree – lime – the girth of 450 cm.

Kunčina

  • Especially the squar
  • e chapel on the northern side and the entrance tower in the western front of the late Gothic church of St. Jiří, bearing the coats of arms of the noblemen of Boskovice, Lipé and Wojenice dated back to about 1570, have been preserved. Inside the church, there are statues of plague patrons, and a graven Renaissance epitaph from about 1580. On the stone balustrade in front of the church, there is a staircase with twelve baroque statues of saints by J. Hendrych.

The little town of Trnávka

  • Cimburk – the ruins of the castle formerly called Trnávka. It was built by Ctibor of Trnávka in 1290-1300 to protect trade paths. The two-storey palace part of the former castle was joined with the area around the castle by a timber hanging bridge. The area around the castle had three dojons and the gate used to be protected by a draw-bridge. The whole used to be enclosed by a ditch and a mound. In 1464, a round tower was added to the area around the castle. In 1645, the castle was devastated by the emperor’s garrison. In 1776, it was hit by a lightning and totally destroyed by subsequent fire.

Moravská Třebová

  • The town has been listed since 1980, it comprises the historical centre including the chateau and the area of Křížový hill.
  1. Renaissance townhall – a late Gothic building dated back to the period about 1520, reconstructed to the Renaissance style in about 1560. The upstairs is from 1824. Rooms with cross and lierne vault have been preserved in the building; in the back wing, there is a well-preserved arcade with graffito pargeting. In the mayor‘s office (former hall of aldermen), there is a well-preserved Renaissance fresco called Solomon’s Trial dated back to about 1560. There is a rarity: the townhall tower from 1521 finished in 1764 has no foundations.
  2. Municipal house, T. G. Masaryka square 33 (hall), the information centre location - very precious Renaissance fresco of St. Florián, figural and plant motives (antique furniture is from the museum's depository)
  3. Plaque column – built in 1717-1720 to commemorate the plaque epidemic in 1715-1716. The constitution and decorations were done by a sculptor from Olomouc named Jan Sturmer.
  4. Municipal house, T. G. Masaryka square 27 (hall and portal) - the building has a remarkable Renaissance entrance portal from 1553 with coats of arms of noblemen of Boskovice and noblemen of Lipá. The entrance hall is vaulted by lierne vault with the central stud bearing the coat of arms of Boskovice.
  5. Municipal house, T. G. Masaryka square 23 (oriel) – a late Gothic house from 1512 with Renaissance semi-cylinder oriel dated back to 1589. The oriel is decorated by coats of arms of Ladislav Velena of
  6. Žerotín and the house owner Hans Renner.
  7. Municipal house, T. G. Masaryka square 19 (hall) – a Gothic building with an authentic vault of the entrance hall; decorated by triangular lunettes during Renaissance.
  8. Chateau – originally a castle from the end of the 13th century, its reconstruction to a Renaissance castle started in the end of the 15th century. This was enlarged in the beginning of the 17th century with a late Renaissance arcade wing. Most of the castle was destroyed during the fire in the 19th century. However, something has been preserved until today: Renaissance arcades and a tower, early Renaissance gate from 1492 and medallions of Ladislav of Boskovice and Magdaléna of Dubé - they belong to the oldest Renaissance relics in the Czech Republic (the medallions on the gate are copies, their originals are stored in a museum), and Empire style granges.
  9. Municipal house, Bránská 1 (hall) – a hall vaulted by barrel vault with lunettes and squared grid of crowns to consoles decorated with acanth; coats of arms of Boskovice.
  10. Municipal house, Bránská 6 (hall) – a Gothic-Renaissance building with valuable architectural items, built in about 1527; on the ground floor, there is a semi-circular Gothic portal.
  11. Municipal house, Bránská 17 (hall) – a Gothic building with little period portals, rebuilt in Renaissance style, with arched entrance hall.
  12. Municipal house from the half of the 15th century, Bránská 10 (hall) – a Renaissance house with remains of a Gothic building; the hall is arched by tracery crown vault, and there is a Renaissance portal.
  13. The Parish Church of the Ascension of the Virgin Mary - originally built in the Gothic style with later Renaissance conversions; rebuilt to the baroque style after the fire of 1726. Inside, there are extensive baroque scu
  14. lpture and paint decorations. The sculpture decorations are dominated by works of Jiří Pacák, painted frescos by J. T. Supper and his son Sylvestr, an altar painting by Josef Reinisch, and fragments of both outside and inside frescos by J. T. Supper in the Loretánská chapel.
  15. Latin school - several Renaissance stone boards with Latin and Greek inscriptions inspiring and encouraging education have been preserved above the building's windows. The large hall on the ground floor is vaulted by rich crown vault with consoles bearing instructive inscriptions dated back to 1566.
  16. Municipal house, T. G. Masaryka square 35 (hall) – a late Gothic house from the period after 1509; on the ground floor, there is a Gothic-Renaissance entrance portal with embossed signs of noblemen of Boskovice and Dubé.
  17. Municipal house, T. G. Masaryka square 37 (hall) – a Gothic house from the period after 1509 with the largest hall whose ample crown vault has stone studs with coats of arms of the town and the noblemen of Boskovice. The column capital dates back to 1547.
  18. Municipal house, T. G. Masaryka square 22 (hall) – a hall with amply embossed polychromatic consoles, one of which dates back to about 1586.
  19. Municipal house, T. G. Masaryka square 16 (portal from 1540) – a amply decorated stone Renaissance portal by an Italian artist with Latin and German inscriptions.
  20. Municipal house, T. G. Masaryka square 2 (hall) – crown vaults meet in four stone stubs with coats of arms of noblemen of Boskovice, Lipá, the Moravian spread-eagle and the monogram of the owner with the year 1546. Newly restored Renaissance acanth decorations have been preserved around the stub. In the hall, there is an amply structured sandstone portal with German and Latin inscriptions from 1540.
  21. Municipal house, Čs. armády
  22. 5 (hall with a portal) – originally a Gothic building, rebuilt to the Renaissance style; tracery vault in the hall from 1570, and a Renaissance portal with fastidious artwork.
  23. Baroque house, T. G. Masaryka square 9 – a Gothic-Renaissance building with late baroque front.
  24. Bastions, fortification remains – the fortification is from the beginning of the 16th century. It originally comprised a moat, a higher outer and a lower inner wall, eleven bastions, and town gates. Only wall fragments and three bastions have been preserved until today.
  25. Franciscan monastery – a baroque building from the end of the 17th century, with the St. Josef’s church. Above the decorated portal, there is a statue of St. Josef by J.A. Heinz. In the monastery, there has remained the well with the original technical equipment. A very valuable historical object is the original baroque library with numerous precious volumes.
  26. Holzmaister’s museum – the building of the museum was finished in 1906. Thanks to a native from the region of Moravská
  27. Třebová called L.V. Holzmaister, the museum’s collections were extended by his ample ethnical collections from Egypt (an ancient sarcophagus with a woman’s mummy), India, Tibet, Burma, China, Japan and the Pacific area which form a separate exhibition.
  28. Křížový hill, the Route of the Cross up Křížový hill, a sculptural group by J. Pacák – a baroque sculptural group called Tři Kříže (Three Crosses) with figures of the Virgin Mary, St. Jan and two angels was created by the sculptor Jíří Pacák in 1730-1740. Th
  29. e Route of the Cross constitutes of four baroque chapels built in about 1723 which were to be parts of a long Route of the Cross starting form the parish church and ending at Kalvárie on Křížový hill.
  30. Cemetery church – built in about 1500 when the old ceme
  31. tery by the parish church was moved to the church at Křížový hill. Inside the late Gothic building with baroque alternations, there have remained original late Renaissance pews and late baroque fresco decorations by J. T. Supper.
  32. Renaissance gravestones in
  33. the cemetery’s lapidary (Křížový hill) – in the lapidary made of the empire-style mortuary, there are many remarkable Renaissance gravestones from the turn of the 16th and 17th centuries. There are mainly gravestones of Evangelics which were being removed during re-Catholicization after the battle at Bílá hora (White Mountain) and were used to stone the floor of the church.

Rychnov na Moravě

  • a place of pilgrimage with the Virgin Mary’s Chapel, also called Mariánská studánka (Mariánská spring). In the chapel, there springs a legendary healing stream.

Staré Město near Moravská Třebová

  • St. Kateřina and Anna’s Church, rebuilt in 1516 by Ladislav of Boskovice; there is the coat of arms of Boskovice on the tower. The tower of the firehouse is topped by an interesting helmet. The group of houses by the road to Dětřichov is a remain of an old settlement called Ulice (Street) from 1365. By the road to Třebařov, there is a sports airport.

Třebařov

  • In 1267, a coloniser called Boreš z Rýzmberka founded an Augustinian monastery called St. Koruna (Crown) of the Virgin Mary on the northern edge of the village. It was devastated during Hussite wars. The parts which have been preserved until today include the ruins of the rectangular building with high and narrow windows and with a prismatoid tower with timbered floor in the front.

Tip for a trip

Moravská Třebová - chateau Moravská Třebová - chateau

The chateau is located in the centre of the town on the site of the original castle from the 13th century...

 
© 2010 - 2017 Region Moravskotřebovska a Jevíčska & MAS Moravskotřebovsko a Jevíčsko, o.p.s
WebEdit & programming: World Media Partners, s.r.o., WebDesign: Neofema s.r.o.
Connected to information system CZeCOT Accessibility statement | Legal clause | Sitemap | RSS Informační centrum Jevíčko, Tel.: 461 325 691 Informační centrum Moravská Třebová, Tel.: 461 315 794